Parent Support Meeting
Hello WHE Families!
Some of you are new to homeschooling, and some of you, “…have been doing it since day one.” We all need each other on this journey, and that is why we have a support group for you, for us. Please note this is not specifically mom-centered - dads are more than welcome to join us, and grannies and aunties... - if someone other than yourself is involved in educating your children, feel free to bring them along.
The goal for our group is simple: a "time-in" with like-minded leaders of their homes. “Time-in” means that we’ll use our time wisely. Though our hope is to bring support to one another, “Time-in” will absolutely include laughter (it’s good medicine!) - not all business.
So, here we go:
- Our first meeting is scheduled for Saturday, October 14th at 6pm. We will send an email with details for location. We will break for snack at 7:30, with enough time to visit with each other, ending no later than 8:30.
- We will hold it once per month. If this day and time doesn’t work for most, we can adjust as needed (please feel free to let us know in your RSVP email what times do work better).
- For this meeting, please bring:
- a simple evening snack to share (this isn’t dinner) and
- your favorite curriculum; plan to share why it is your favorite and why it worked best for your family with the group (just something quick - 2 minutes).
- When you receive the email with details please RSVP, with the number of children you are bringing (we need to plan for childcare if necessary), please list three topics you’d like to see covered at the meetings in your email.
Looking forward to all ideas and some good fellowship!!
Hope we will see you there!
Melissa Missing and Penny Lavers
|Event Date||10-14-2017 6:00 pm|
|Event End Date||10-14-2017 8:30 pm|